Monday, March 22, 2010

Catherine Daly reviews Antidotes for an alibi

Catherine Daly reviews Antidotes for an alibi Amy King Antidote for an alibi BlazeVox Books ISBN 0-9759227-5-0 2005These read poems to me like poetry versions of flash fiction. Well, I like flash fiction, but I like the way fabulistic. Amy King writes fabulistic type of flash fiction - I would say, "good form" - in poetry. What does this mean? Well, if lineated, the head of poetry to jump in the story. Otherwise, the poems are still the same small jumps, taking the poems. I think I'm with the new record this moing. I do not see the "twist", as I understand it, I'm still looking for her - I'm just saying that these poems are not that flash fiction jump of similar nature is not the case. For example, the poem "Night" is a history of screening a particular type of call: InMother evening telephoned death premature The father to me. A hybrid car Their words. I read the story grieved.Now and my childhood, I would probably be the end of the verse here, or another title. In any event, the evening begins with a message in a machine. I think flash fiction could be "the machine" and not jump so quickly to the "History of my childhood." After Dinner, Age blocks of teak wood decreased, then launched, mistaken for the cork. Budget actions Max aunt cooked through? S Pot black circle, where we stopped On the probability of work. We were all Wonderland, where the small boiler dripped Proverbs and wrote to our pact With striking accents. Dessert hints Wafted past the cups home Coffee, whiskey-colored, with the blue veil of a life light.In this second part of the poem, the progression is chronological. After dinner, a little 'French press coffee and dessert. I do not believe that "financial assets" and "sweet notes" would be in Flash Fiction. Are too secret. It is interesting to note that the references to fairy tales and other fiction, in "Enchanted," "Letter," "Proverbs," "Covenant" and "accent". Line after the "drip" is not clear whether the boiler (probably whistling) is registered, or that "we", the magical writing. But overall, a 'history of a poem, a poem is clear, not the next fiction.In earlier prose-poem, "Land of the lake, which jumps between groups - I do not see how any very heavy sentence, as for example in a poem, and I do not see big jumps between the sentences. I see even more jumps - are associative - in fabulistic Flash Fiction. And 'the logic of some poems, in which the topics to be playing together for a while' time, and then a conclusion. We start with a concrete example, a realistic but fabulistic fear: On the self-enveloping way, I am shocked that one day I fall Sleep and the dog could die.Not road spans the machine, the machine is not the way (like car commercials are - did you know that most car commercials are filmed in LA downtown?). In any event, by car, road, sleeping, dog, death. Very clean and orderly. So, from a bush on the side of the road - a crowd.These orders of truth awaken self-defense, so asks the crowd? Betray you. Everyone deserves a refugee shelter in the depths of immersion can ball? T reach.Who is hiding? The narrator? The dog. The dog and the narrator. The narrator is more likely to fall asleep and fall asleep like a dog and kills him. In other words, life is fleeting. So you see, discover the difference between the first and second sentence sentnce, you have poetry, fiction, because most flash of this kind of magical things, do not show very different directions. But note, is that the things with other people and other characters, not necessarily "torque-Ing," I understand it.Since lame-o short reviews usually the title, I say - I like this title and the way in which the flash-fiction theme in poetry. Why that is an excuse, but a specific type of narrative potentially verifiable. And what is an antidote, but the fabulistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment