Wednesday, November 11, 2009

San Francisco Nearly a Sonnet

San Francisco Nearly a Sonnet (The city with the bay of Northe Califoia, near the Pacific Ocean, is the year 1967) appeared in mid-October as a day of spring, when water through the short, dry, such as lead, The ferry, like vague shadows, the dead, heiated disk, the curvature is Frisco Bay Rounded the Golden Gate? And San Francisco was Before me, that gay city, pink and red, Hippies at Haigh Asbury? The homeless mind? My house that I found stirring and grey.The waves Busted wood-sided; fishermenNearby with the long neck, and looked again cast. Immersed in the emerald green water, we wandered freely, If suddenly the bay currents stirredThe ferry were detained with large seabird , Asbury How? S in the spirit sea.6/4/05 # 708Note by: sonnets are tough little creatures, and even if I started drawing, I found I had to set it aside and create a semi-sonnet, because I did not want to lose tone and spirit of the waters around the bay of San Francisco, and the echoes that came with him. I was there in l967-68 for one year. And many were the ferry for a few dollars. Some, even accidentally, by clicking in and out through the Golden Gate, and so was the best performance of my younger years have become a part of this fascinating city, in an emotional moment for an unmatched since 1920? S, where Hemingway and Fitzgerald, in the streets of Paris, and Scott, has coined the phrase? The Jazz Age? Back in l967, was the hippie Era.I suppose for me, I have the feeling that the formal regularity, to complete a sonnet, but in this poem I do not empty, the unrhymed Iambic pentameter. Therefore, it is what I use. The trip I was on the boat with my mother, who came to visit me in the city of the Gulf, as I prepared for the army, and Vietnam. It 'been a joyful reminder for us two, which lasted until they were in 2003, yes, we talked of extreme days in San Francisco, where he is left alone for a week, for 35 years, what could be asked to Moreover, for a experience.Poet Dennis Siluk Website:

No comments:

Post a Comment