Saturday, September 12, 2009

Quotes from famous poets Top 30 Poetry Quotations by Famous Poets

Quotes from famous poets Top 30 Poetry Quotations by Famous Poets "For this reason, poetry is more philosophical and deserves great attention, as history." - Aristotle "Every American poet feels that the whole responsibility for contemporary poetry has on his shoulders, is a literary aristocracy of one. "- WH Auden" Eloquence is the poetry of prose. " - William C. Bryant: "If I physically as if the top of the head were made, I know that is poetry. "- Emily Dickinson" Like the poetry of the poet is a mystery. "- Elizabeth Drew" has opened a book of poems and handed it to me by an Italian poet from the 13th Century, and each of them words rang true and glowed like coal pouring off every page, as it was in my soul by me to you. "- Bob Dylan" When a poet of the mind is perfectly equipped for their work, is constantly merging of different experiences. "- TS Eliot" painting is silent poetry speak of painting and poetry. "- Ralph Waldo Emerson" only poetry inspires poetry. "- Ralph Waldo Emerson" Poetry is a way of life by the throat. "- Robert Frost" The man is crazy, or you pay. "- Horace" Good religious poetry ... is probably the largest legal value, and most discriminately enjoy undevout. "- AE Housman," I do not believe political directives could be successful in creative writing ... no poetry or fiction, which was to be valid, so truthfully as possible the emotions and reactions of the individual writer. "- Langston Hughes" I have been for years not finishing anything. Since, obviously, if you look for something that can be judged ... I had the poems have been rewritten so many times I think it was just a means to avoid them. "- Erica Jong" I am a poet I express what I believe and I fight against what I am opposed, in poetry. "- June Jordan" Poetry, even when apparently most fantastic, is always a revolt against artifice, a revolt, in a sense, against the reality. "- James Joyce" The poem is a surprise and a fine not exceeding singularity - it should strike the reader as a wording of his highest thoughts, and almost a memory. "- John Keats" Conventional wisdom notwithstanding, there is no reason either in football or in poetry why the two are not the life of a man, when the weight and he is worried about the words. "- Archibald MacLeish," I see no reason for calling my work poetry except that there is no other category in which they are. "- Marianne Moore:" I have never read a political poem, all achieved. Poetry makes things happen, but rarely what the poet wants. "- Howard Nemerov" And he whose fustian is so sublime Bad / It is not poetry, prose, but are running crazy. "- Alexander Pope" I have some poems that do not understand me. "- Carl Sandburg" Poetry is the inclusion of the best and happiest moments of the happiest and best minds. "- Percy Bysshe Shelley" great poetry is always someone from exposure to go beyond what he can do. "- Stephen Spender" I have everything in a system that made me lea by heart till I wept. As a result, I have thousands of lines of poetry by heart. I owe everything. "- George Steiner:" This is complicated, if not that we are, the life and poetry and everything else would be boring. "- Wallace Stevens" Good poetry seems too simple and natural that if we do wonder that we are all human beings are not always a poet. The poem is nothing but healthy discourse. "- Henry David Thoreau" How poems grow? Grow in your life. "- Robert Penn Warren" All good poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion remembered in tranquility. "- William Wordsworth" A poet of the poem is his autobiography. Everything else can be just a footnote. "- Yevgeny YevtushenkoResource Box -? Danielle Hollister (2005) is the publisher of Bella Online Quotations Zine A free newsletter for enthusiasts with over 10,000 deals in dozens of categories like - love, friendship, children, inspiration, success , wisdom, family, life, and many others, more free, and links to related resources. All new subscribers receive a free ad. Read it --

No comments:

Post a Comment