Saturday, October 3, 2009

Anatomy of a Poem

Anatomy of a Poem Inspiration comes in many forms. An exchange of words on the street, a chiding, but loving mother in a department store, or a friendly stranger in a small town the necessary intellectual fodder for the mill poetry. I write the core of observation on a piece of paper, because I know how volatile the germ of an idea may be. If I have a moment alone, I pull together the significant words, what are the times in the last two lines of poetry and then back. I think the advantage of rhyming words, far more than the difficulty of word perfect. At no time until I have the feeling overwhelmed by a second choice of word. For example, I have a poem I wrote called "Same Old Man". The first line contains the premise: You never changed, you are always the same.   This statement leaves the reader in the air, not knowing if the author is happy or unhappy with his partner. The second line: What you need to do, you're doing it again.   Sounds like the writer is a 'nuisance, but the courage to tell his partner what he thinks.   Then: the habits that you have the same number as before, not less, not more.   This statement sounds very much chiding, but the reader can not be sure that these "habits" are good or bad art Now, in order to change the mood and I wrote: YOU ARE IN A RUT, no so much hope, no one is perfect, not even the pope.   This is very exciting, playing on partner innate sense of guilt, suggesting that believe is a perfect person. Now we're always crazy, even sounding accusation: They continue to do what you have, I also discovered the HID.   Rapid repetition of the first line and a comparison, but you have never changed, you're like a star   solves the problem in your mind and changes the meaning of all that before, with the statement: I love you as YOU ARE.All tone poems are my poems, IE: to enjoy the top, and I'm trying to use the accents on the beat of the meter. With my poetry I try to put the emotions of common people, with varying degrees of success. Of course, if a poem is good, it needs no explanation, only should be sufficient. Happy writing.I have more than 300 poems.

No comments:

Post a Comment