Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Media in the Twenties

Media in the Twenties Twenty years has seen the beginning of some of our precious traditions - such as over-the-counter medicine, radio and billboards. Here is a burlesque of many songs sung to me by my mother, is the typical attitude of the popular topics of the day.The Billboard SongAs I went down the street, a group has met my eye.   The ads are written, a laugh and cry.   The wind and rain that is night   Washed away on half board.   The other half is yet to sign that says:   Smoke Coca-Cola, tomato catsup cigarettes,   See Lillian Russell Wrestle with a field of Castinettes.   Heinz pork and beans will be fine again in a fight   Silent and Joe talk Sapolio today.   Get Brom for horses, is the best in town.   Kastoria Measles kills pay only five dollars to the fund.   Teeth removed without pain, costs but half a Dime   Coats and sold a little 'to time.In cigarettes in 1926 were a new vice popular, even for women, and Coca-Cola is actually some cocaine. Half of the population considered poisonous fruits of tomato, even if obtained catsup popularity.Well doped Lillian Russell as a tingling of wrestling and, above all, with a box of crackers. Boxes in the twenties are still bare knuckle end when you fight against the fighters remained prone.Radio played in a new part of home entertainment with lots of music, but little talk of politicians, but I doubt that if they spoke Sapolio soap. Highly publicized Bromo-Seltzer has been primarily as a hangover cure, but not for the horses, the mark, or the streets. Without antibiotics invented, Kastoria (castor oil) as a cure for most evils interior. Measles on the scene, killing one in ten victims no cure in U.S. dollars sight.Five was like a bad way to spend, but that was more popular with the economy. Nitrous oxide has been so popular that the dentists could be overloaded, therefore, the sarcasm. Nobody has been able to buy more than anything, not even a coat and gross exaggerations of the lack of provision to deny the reality of hard times. I did not know that we have in the spring, is melted my heart, the love that you planted has been strongly influenced by start.We blossomed in the summer, you have my life richer, days without number, the flame of love lit . But an angel came in the fall and was in care.The their leaves, as gold fell themMatching lighting in your hair.I cry when your member name? Ries comment? long, in the autumn? drifts of the first sheet ground.___________________I Not? I know how much I loved you youUntil went away.A didn? t say? I love you? until this day.The latest music I only noticed when stopped.I Not? t the time to say that I cared for you a life of love lot.My went through it - too late for me, Sayı didn? I know how much I loved youUntil days, you away.A author of words and music for seventeen songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment