Friday, October 2, 2009

Elsie s Back in Christmas 32

Elsie s Back in Christmas 32 A note on the poetry: Elsie is my mother. Christmas trees he loved, and fuishings. And 'now 81 years old (written four years ago). You have not? Do not decorate, but Christmas, buying gifts,   Maps and everyone seems to be the best years for you and, of course, Christ? S birth. I wrote this poem in December l982, and published December 16 in l982. Now, after almost 20 years, re-discover and share with you their memories. I just talk to you before creating the poem. I asked what came to mind. And when I gave to her, care for and keep a copy in your bedroom was drawer.Part IIT? 32   When a paper doll --   Icicles, wood shoes.And almost Christmas - remember --   I? Would curl   A brother, sisterFriend?   On a street coer   Showing Fire   Street - car - city RacingThrough --   Its cobbled streets,   When the children sang songs.And an orphanage near awayWas   - I remember --   San Jose? S (St. Paul):   I spent some 'time after Ma died;   But I've never been down --   Remember how lovedChristmas years round.O! I love the way the Christmas season --   With all its beauty and Rimes, with the horse drawn sleighs   And the old street lamps,   The Salvation Army   Signal chants.And every Christmas d walk with Dad   On the market --   Christmas treeHome carry on the same day;   Season with tinsel,   Bulbs of all types.   Listen to the radio, play Christmas chimes.Part II Elsie? S Christmas [l982] No? What now? 82   Times have changed;   More Santa? S   Thing.Artificial are doing their Christmas trees   Christmas stockings for the whole year;   More children in heaven,   Snowmobiles in the parks;   Other toys, television? S - Parking;   Christmas Cards seemTo talk.Festivals of joy,   Ice fishing on Lake McCarran? S;   Ice Castles, Parades - not exactly the same thing,   No - as well? 32But he? Ll do.But church bellsHaven? Has not changed;   The white snow flakesStill remain, and   The North Wind - howlsWith still a whisper chant.O! I love the way the Christmas season --   With all its beauty and Rimes;   As in? 32   When a paper doll do.Part IIISome things never change   As in? 32 - we all knew: In a stable in Bethlehem,   In a land called Judea2000 years ago --   A baby boy was bo, called,   Christ our Savior.Word count: # 989/re-edited 2001Added new version: Part IVElsie? S Christmas - 2001O! the fun has never stopped even seen 81I watched as she   Open my gift a couple of days ago, as ifShe but tenStill love of Christmas in your heart laysDeep   As in? 32 when a paper doll that can also do.And? Or do not get used to it so then walkLike   You can still surround giftsAnd so this is my story to you,   Christmas in 81, my mother,   Through wholeYear? Dennis Website:

No comments:

Post a Comment